Friday, September 18, 2009

Long Day (but GOOD)!

I got some great deals at the grocery store today. A few weeks ago, I ordered some Kashi cereal samples, and each one came with a $2 off coupon. My grocery store had it on sale for $3 a box, so I got two boxes for $1 each!

Kraft Bagel-Fuls were on sale for $2 a box, and I went searching online for a coupon. I was able to print two at $1 off, making each box $1. (Do we see a pattern going on here?)

I found a coupon for Kashi granola bars, $1.50 off. They were on sale for $2.50, so I picked up one of those for a dollar, too. Ha! By the end of my (short) shopping trip, I had $9 in coupons. The cashier was impressed. :-)

A few days ago, red bell peppers were on sale for $1 each. I got a few of them and chopped them tonight to store in my freezer.

Tonight at Sam's, I bought a 10 lb. chub of 90% ground beef for $1.98/lb., as well as a tray of boneless, skinless chicken breast for $1.97/lb. I just finished dividing it all up into freezer bags. My freezer looks VERY full right now.

Ahhhh....it's "good tired."

1 comment:

  1. Sounds great!!! I wish our stores around here would take online coupons......there are so many great ones out there...

    ReplyDelete